Michelle studied Animal Reiki with Kathleen Prasad in California in 2013 and Florida in 2014, and taught Kathleen’s approach from 2014 to 2020. This approach is based on meditation and Traditional Japanese Reiki that Kathleen studied with Frans Stiene. Frans has done extensive research on what Mikao Usui was doing before the practice of Reiki was changed by Hayashi, Takata, and others. Michelle then completed Shinpiden Reiki 3 teacher training with Frans Stiene twice, in Chicago in 2017 and in Victoria, BC, in 2019, and also undertook further training in this lineage. Traditional Japanese Reiki is the same for all species, and Michelle’s classes work with people, animals, and trees.
The Traditional Japanese system of Reiki, founded in Japan by Mikao Usui in 1922, has five major elements:
- developing spiritual and mental focus
- techniques and meditations
- hands-on healing
- four mantras and symbols
In Traditional Japanese Reiki, all elements of the system of Reiki are tools to help Reiki practitioners develop their ability to maintain a peaceful state of being Reiki. The five precepts are important instructions to help practitioners embody this state of being:
Just for today,
- do not anger
- do not worry
- be humble (be grateful)
- be honest in your work (be true to your way and your being)
- be compassionate to yourself and others
As a Registered Practitioner and Teacher of the Shibumi International Reiki Association, Michelle teaches Traditional Japanese Reiki according to its codes of practice:
Shibumi Reiki Courses Codes of Practice
All Shibumi RP&Ts are required to:
- Teach the three levels of Shoden, Okuden and Shinpiden.
- Teach the five elements of the system of Reiki – Reiki precepts, Reiki meditations, Reiki hands-on healing, Reiki symbols & mantras, and Reiki attunements/reiju.
- Teach using the Japanese energetic system.
- Teach traditional Reiki techniques and practices. Additional techniques may be taught to explain the system of Reiki further in accordance with the Shibumi Codes of Practice. Techniques relating to specific areas of Reiki practice such as Animal Reiki may also be included as long as they are in accordance with the Shibumi Codes of Practice.
- Teach in-person and include certificates and comprehensive manuals reflecting the content taught.
- Provide ongoing support for students preferably with regular Reiki practice groups where possible.
Shoden Reiki Level I
Minimum length of Reiki course: The equivalent of 2 full days training
In-person attunements/reiju: 4
- Kenyoku Ho
- Joshin Kokyu Ho
- Seishin Toitsu
- Japanese energetic system
- Concept of hara/tanden
- Hands-on healing for the self
- Hands-on healing for others (minimum ½ hour treatment performed per person)
- The Reiki Precepts
Okuden Reiki Level II
Minimum length of course: The equivalent of 1 day plus opportunity for students to develop professional practitioner skills
In-person Reiki attunements/reiju: 3
- Hatsurei Ho
- Byosen Reikan Ho
- Reiji Ho
- Learn 3 Reiki symbols and mantras
- Reiki Symbol and mantra meditations
- Enkaku Chiryo Ho
Shinpiden Reiki Level III
Minimum length of course: The equivalent of 2 full days plus opportunity for students to develop professional teaching skills
In-person Reiki attunements/reiju: 1+
- Review Reiki Level I and II practices and concepts
- Perform Reiki attunement
- Perform reiju
- Learn 1 Reiki symbol and mantra
- Reiki Symbol and mantra meditation
Michelle Kyle’s Traditional Japanese Reiki Lineage
A Reiki lineage is a family tree showing the energetic connection from the founder of the system of reiki through to your practitioner or teacher. The branch is named at the top, with the lineage listed underneath. Michelle’s Traditional Japanese Reiki lineage, Usui Reiki Ryoho, is below. You can see that there are only four Reiki teachers between Usui and Michelle, which is much closer to the source than usual in Reiki classes in Canada today.
USUI REIKI RYOHO
Founder of the System
3rd President of the Usui Reiki Ryoho Gakkai
6th President of the Usui Reiki Ryoho Gakkai
Current Member of the Usui Reiki Ryoho Gakkai